Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grilled King Mackerel







I was in an area with lots & lots of Asian markets this sunday morning, and decided to stop by and scope it out. I was in awe of how many vegetables and fruits I had never seen in my life! They also had ex extensive variety of fresh fish, clams, crab, lobster (and by fresh i mean still alive!)

I bought a dragon fruit and a King Mackerel steak. Two things Ive never had before! The dragon fruit with is beautiful bright pink color on the outside caught my attention from the start, little did I know, when you cut it open the fruit is even more beautiful and unique. the contrast of bright pink/green on the outside the white with dark black specs on the inside(see pic above)very light & refreshing taste.

I used a simple recipe for seasoning the king mackerel steak using salt, pepper, and minced garlic. (lime/citrus optional)

http://www.all-fish-seafood-recipes.com/index.cfm/recipe/Grilled_King_Mackerel

After this meal, King Mackerel has definitely taken over the "favorite fish to eat" title. (sorry salmon!) King Mackerel... The taste, texture, everything! MMMMmmm!!
(ps Yea i busted out the mini George Foreman grill for this one)