Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple changes

I woke up this morning and decided I would go for a hike. Having been overweight I've always been self conscious about my body . ALthough I have come a long way, It completely frustrates me that I've worked so hard to transform my body yet have such a hard time feeling completely comfortable in my own skin and embracing my body.

SO this morning I said fuck it. well, not out loud, in my head. :) and I went hiking at camelback mountain in my sports bra. WOW. this was def a challenge for me! Whether hard to believe or not it is somethign scary for me! Something I had not done because of my constant pre-occupations with the "imperfections". Its so much easier to just cover up what you dont like.

As I was on the hike I made a decision to focus more on what I was experiencing. How beautiful the day was. The sky was gorgeous, it was cloudy, occasional raindrops were falling, there was a fresh breeze...I also decided to focus more on what I did have. My health, strong legs, and a even a bit of an adrenaline rush and energy from the excitement of doing something I wouldn't normally do.

By the time I got to the top my focus had completely changed! I was no longer thinking about the "jiggle" or that lonja I wanna get rid of. I thought about how amazing I felt. So {complete}

I Closed my eyes and FELT the breeze {caressing} my body.
I felt BeautiFull.
Not a beautiful based on being a certain weight, or having the perfect outfit n heels.
A sense of beauty from just being.
{ME}
Without
having to be more.

I was seriously amazed and surprised...I still am. That a simple change made such an impact, gave me hope. Because Sometimes it seems that some things will never change.