Saturday, June 27, 2009

The scariest thing.

Fear- n.
(1) A feeling of agitation and anxiety, distressing emotion, caused by anticipation or presence of danger (real or imagined).

(2)a state marked by this emotion.
------------------------------------------------------------
To live in Fear is paralyzing. I have experienced it.

My life changed the day I decided to confront my greatest fear.
I {let go of perfection}.

When I let go of perfection I was finally able to experience ME.
Me without constantly striving to be more. Saying to myself I'm not enough.
Life, happiness, self acceptance seemed to be on hold until the next big goal was met.....if I could just lose 5 more pounds, get in better shape, finish school, pay off debt, get a better job ...bla bla bla... there was always something. to fix, something to change.
Letting go of perfection meant finally saying to myself (and believeing!) I am enough. NOW. Not living for the future. Living in this moment.

ME without the self-imposed limitations of fear.
ME truly living {fully} each moment, no longer distracted by the mental chatter caused by fear of anticipated pain. the what if's. what if i fall, what if I get hurt, what if its not perfect, what if I'm not perfect? what if its not enough, what if I'm not enough? what if I fail?

In order to continue moving forward. discovering. transforming. LIVING. {Without FEAR} I have decided to Do one thing every day that scares me. Based on Eleanor Roosevelt's inspiring words "Do one thing everyday that scares you".

Each day I will confront a fear.
{DO} something that scares me.

Life has never been so Beautifull!





--------------------------------
"My Heart Is Afraid that it will have to suffer"
the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams."
----------------------------
~Brenda