Friday, October 8, 2010

~ MY WAY ~ dia cuatro. fajitas.




Fajitassssssssssssssssss!

its Friday. just got off of work and I am EXHAUSTED. seriously. SO tempted to eat canned tuna and call it a day.(which would have been a.o.k. shit, im human!) But I had everything I needed to make, please read in mexican accent: FAJITASSSSsss! and I'm so glad I did! because this has been the best tasting thing ive made so far. Maybe its in my blood (haha) but I must say, Mexican restaurants that I could have spent $17 to eat this, aint got nothing on it! ;)

Ok it was simple:
Chop 3 garlic cloves
Slice green, red, and yellow bell pepper and 1-2 onions
Cut beef/chicken

saute beef, chicken and garlic in HOT pan (no added oil, chicken and beef will release their own fats into pan. healthier, more flavorful and delicious!)

once sauteed add fajita spice & Onions (still no salt because salt dries out the meat and causes it to sweat and not saute/caramelize ;)

once onions are slightly caramelized, add in all bell pepper and salt to taste.

one last "secret" ingredient to give it a smokey flavor is WRIGHTS ALL NATURAL HICKORY SEASONING (see in pic above). Careful its strong (aka concentrated) but adds lots of flavor if used properly. You can find it at health foods stored like sprouts.

Provecho.
Sorry tuna, maybe another day!